Senior Manager ESG - Nature & Biodiversity
KPMG’s ESG advisory services are growing and for that reason we are looking for a dynamic, intrapreneurial and motivated Senior Manager to expand its Nature & Biodiversity Services. KPMG has a 35+ year track record working on various sustainability topics such as decarbonization, circular economy, sustainable supply chains, ESG due diligence and non-financial reporting. KPMG ESG teams provide services to private and public organizations in Europe and worldwide.
- Business development: You will identify opportunities and drive the development of nature- and biodiversity-related proposition and proposals
- Delivery of projects: You will ensure and manage the timely delivery of high-quality consultancy advice on nature- and biodiversity challenges and opportunities for corporate clients. You will have an ESG team focused on Nature and Biodiversity, and will also work closely together with subject matter experts from other KPMG ESG teams (climate risk, decarbonization, circular, strategy, supply chain, human rights, reporting, etc.) and other KPMG teams
- Delivering quality is an essential part of the KPMG DNA. You will drive the delivery of the projects with a multifunctional team in a structured way that leads to high quality delivery
- Projects will focus on the full scope of nature- and biodiversity related topics: from assessing impacts and dependencies, to identifying risks and opportunities, setting strategies and applying reporting recommendations. Technical expertise on biodiversity in one of more priority sectors (e.g., Agrifood, energy, infrastructure) is highly appreciated
- People management: you will coach your project teams, work across different KPMG service lines and you will be contributing to the development of the Nature & Biodiversity team (coaching, mentoring and training more junior team members in a collaborative and inclusive way).
This is what you bring
- You ideally have a master's degree in Ecology or equivalent
- You are fluent in English
- You have around 7+ years of professional experience (consulting) experience with a focus on Biodiversity, Natural Capital and ecosystem services
- You have thorough knowledge of and access to, important biodiversity standards, networks, and alliances
- You have a passion for everything that has to do with sustainability and ESG
- You are analytical and you love to work with data and numbers, to analyze and improve processes
- You can work autonomously and are able to develop the market through networking and prospecting (commercial mindset)
- You know how to coach and mentor junior people in the team in an inclusive and collaborative way
This is what we offer
Together with colleagues from different countries and departments of KPMG you work towards building market relations and serving customers. The job offers plenty of opportunity for both personal and professional growth. We create the right environment for you to be able to boost your own development.
KPMG is passionate about the inclusion and support of individuals of all groups; the company does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability status.
Why you should be interested in this role?
- You will help strengthen and grow an exciting strategic business line within KPMG
- You get to work in a very stimulating environment, with highly driven colleagues to deliver top nature and biodiversity services
- You get to collaborate with renowned biodiversity scientists and researchers (Naturalis) on joint projects
- KPMG offers extensive trainings, both on technical matters, as well on soft skills and project management
- KPMG is proud to be offering flexible working arrangements and supporting its people in building a successful career and delivering excellent client service without sacrificing personal priorities
We also offer the following benefits:
- A competitive salary
- 30 days of holidays
- Flexibility in employment terms & conditions
- A laptop and iPhone which can also be used privately
- A non-contributory pension plan
- A lease car or mobility allowance
- Discount on insurances and gym membership
Project lead & delivery skills
Client Relationship Management skills